Brooklyn Public Library’s card is free for anybody that life, works, pays home fees, or attends school in brand brand New York StateJaroco
New Yorkers with government-issued IDs off their states
You will need to bring your valid out-of-state ID and proof of New York state address that has been issued in the last three months (paystub, postmarked mail, utility bill) if you live in New York State and do not have a New York State ID,.
In the event that you work with nyc or very own home in ny plus don’t have a unique York State ID, you will have to bring your legitimate out-of-state ID and evidence of employment in nyc, or evidence of home ownership in ny.
Ny state residents that do n’t have a Brooklyn Public Library card and would really like usage of just the e-book collection may submit an application for an eCard. Year this card will give you access to the Library’s Overdrive, 3M, and Flipster collections for 1.
Sign up for an eCard and immediately get a collection barcode and PIN to begin with accessing the e-book collection.
Please be aware that to help the job to proceed through effectively, you have to let the kind to trace your present location. When prompted with an email such as “disc.bklynlibrary.org would like to monitor your physical location”, you need to click on “allow when”.
A replacement Card form to get started if you had an eCard before and would like to have your holds, wishlists, checkouts, etc. transferred to your new account, please complete the Report. After publishing the proper execution, it takes business that is approximately 1-3 for the task to transfer over.
To find out more in regards to the eCard, see our eCard FAQs.
Out-of-State Residents (non-NYS residents)
Non-NYS residents may make an application for a Brooklyn Public Library account and revel in use of our considerable choice of Articles & Databases and eBooks. There was a yearly, non-refundable $50 cost for out-of-state cardholders.
As soon as your application is submitted, an agent will contact you within five (5) company times aided by the next actions.
If you opt to choose your library card up, you might do this by going to any certainly one of our 59 locations and talk to a staff user. The $50.00 yearly, non-refundable cost might be compensated at enough time of pick-up.
We presently try not to accept applications from worldwide residents at the moment.
Renewing Your Library Card
Ny State Residents: Library cards expire every 3 years. Please bring appropriate ID to any library branch to restore your card.
Away from State Residents: Library cards expire each year. To restore your out-of-state account, please deliver an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your library card barcode and copy of appropriate ID. A $50.00 non-refundable fee that is annual be reproduced for your requirements.
eCard holders: eCards are non-renewable and can expire one 12 months after enrollment.
Educator cardholders: For information about how to restore your Educator account, please check out our Educator Card web web page.
Reporting Your Card Missing
Any items which had been borrowed and/or fees accrued ahead of reporting your card stolen or lost is the duty. In the event your card is lost or taken, please report it to an employee user at certainly one of our branches instantly.
It’s also possible to make use of the “Report a Card Lost” function on the My Account web page that will temporarily disable your account from usage by unauthorized users. Take note that when this particular feature is employed, you’ll not manage to restore or library that is borrowing (including eMaterial) until your account is rectified. Please go to your library that is local and with an employee user to unblock your bank account.
To displace your card, you have to spend an alternative cost and show acceptable ID.
You could borrow as much as 50 things at a right time in your library card.
- Publications – 3 months
- Audiobooks – 3 weeks with a restriction of 10 products using one account
- Printed Music (Scores) – 3 days
- Videos, DVDs, CDs and magazines – 1 with a limit of 10 CDs and a combined total of 10 videos and DVDs week.
You may restore materials so long as there are not any holds from the product along with your account is with in good standing.
There is certainly a optimum of 15 renewals for every single product ( this doesn’t consist of eBooks)
You will find 3 ways to restore:
- Face-to-face at any Brooklyn Public Library location
- On the web by logging into your My BPL account
- Over the telephone by calling 718.230.6700
Put a product on hold for a fast and way that is convenient get materials which are not now available at try your local library.
- Spot a hold demand through our catalog or perhaps in individual at try your local library
- You are able to put as much as 10 holds on your own collection account on any circulating when you look at the Library collection with the next exceptions: guide, unique collections, and mags and journals.
- The collection will be sending a notice via e-mail, text or telephone whenever your hold is truly to pickup. Please be certain we’ve your contact that is correct information. You shall have seven days to pickup your hold.
Going Back Materials
- Return material to virtually any Brooklyn Public Library location or guide fall.
- All product is born straight straight straight back by the date suggested at time of renewal or checkout. Fines will quickly accrue if products aren’t came back because of the date that is due.
- Multiple component materials needs to be came back complete at period of come back to avo > Courtesy reminders of future dates that are due delivered by e-mail or text. Overdue notices are delivered by e-mail or phone. Failure to get notices doesn’t excuse fines that are overdue.
Interlibrary Loan is a site that enables legitimate Brooklyn Public Library cardholders to request to borrow publications maybe perhaps not owned by BPL from other libraries in the usa. It is possible to submit loan that is interlibrary in individual at any Brooklyn Public Library branch. This service is able to Brooklyn Public Library clients; but, fines and costs evaluated by the financing collection do apply. Get the full story.
Fines and costs
Fines and Fees Schedule
Fines accrue per product, per calendar time, even though Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) is closed. It really is your obligation to help keep an eye on your payment dates. Failure to get courtesy collection notices will not excuse fines.
- Books/Magazines: $0.15/day
- Audiobooks, CDs and CD-ROM pc computer software: $0.15/day
- DVDs & V > Interlibrary Loan: $1/day
- Substitution Card Fee (Adult/Young Adult): $2
- Substitution Card Fee (Senior/Juvenile): $1
- Out-of-State Card Fee: $50
- Substitution Card Fee (Out-of-State): $5
- Bounced Check Fee: ten dollars
- Collection Agency Fee: ten dollars
Borrowing privileges are suspended whenever fines or charges reach a $15 threshold. online-loan promo code You can not spot holds, renew, or have a look at product until your account falls underneath the limit.
Unreturned, lost, or damaged material and materials with multiple parts which are came back incomplete are going to be billed for your requirements. You cannot spot holds, restore, or take a look at product until it really is remedied.
It is possible to get back or pay money for the billed product. If billed material is came back, you’ll be examined fines that are overdue.
If you lose or harm any one of those items examined away to your bank account, you’ll be charged the total replacement price of each product. No replacement products will soon be accepted instead of any items that are outstanding.
Borrowers with unpaid balances of $25 or maybe more could be contacted by an assortment agency. A $10.00 collection cost is put on accounts that reach this threshold. If you should be called to your collection agency, you need to pay balance in complete before your borrowing privileges are restored.
Please read our Fines and costs Policy to learn more.
Spending Your Fines and Costs
You’ll want your collection card to pay for your fines. You are able to pay using the following practices:
- Money re re payments are accepted at kiosks available at every BPL location. Staff doesn’t gather cash from clients.
- Checks made payable to BPL may be directed at the employees at any location. Are the account that is library associated with the account being pa > charge cards (Visa, Mastercard, and see) are accepted after all BPL kiosks. It is possible to spend from your home by signing into My BPL.
Our Borrowing Policy has changed!
Effective 1, 2019, the library implemented changes to its borrowing/renewal/fines policy july. Find Out More